Store and Forward.
It’s a mix between a sample and hold, echo delay and a sort of arpeggiator, so in basic mode you play a few notes on your keyboard and it will store the CV data (note data) and then repeat it forever, the repeat rate can be changed along with the Gate Output length. 1) Pulse Rate; This sets the speed of the pulse for the Gate Output. Speeds can be 1/128th, 1/64th, 1/32th, 1/16th, 1/8th, ¼, ½, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 notes of the current BPM.
1b) Swinger, these effect the where the pulse falls on the 2nd and or 4th recurring pulses, the pulse can be pulled or pushed. Note: Build #42, Added Odd button so now the swing works on 1st and 3rd pulse. see Step 10
2) Gate Length, this is sets the length as a percentage of the Pulse from 0.01% to 100%, note at 100% the Gate Output signal will never drop (close).
3) Override, this input overrides the Swing, Pulse and Gate Length, by providing your own Pulse\Gate (a signal above +2.5v) you have full control of the Pulse and Gate Length, this will allow for irregular pulses and variable gate lengths.
4) Step Mode A) One Shot, a signal is received and sent out once. If using a slow pulse rate this allows you to play ahead of time. B) Auto Size, Say you play 4 notes then play another 4 note later on, those new 4 notes will append to the end of the existing notes in default mode (Replace mode and Max size will have an effect here, carry on reading to understand more about those).
5) Max, The real maximum is 999 steps however by setting a lower maximum when you add more and more steps you can get it loop\overwrite existing steps earlier. E.g. you set the Max to be 16 steps, when you play the 17th step it will loop around and you will overwrite what was stored at the 1st step. There is also a digit display to show the current Max setting.
6) Replace Mode, A) In, The default is In, as you play the new steps are appended until you reach the Max then it’s looped around (round robin) back to step one and new notes are now overwriting the existing data. There is also a counter to show you what the current step the In is on. B) Out, the counter is always moving to the Output step, if you play a new note the next step in overwritten with this new value except if it happens to be on the last step and the maximum has not been reached, then in that case it’s appended.
7) Adv, When Replace Mode is In, it advances the input step ahead one place.
8) Clear All, clears all step data.
9) Now and Then. A) Then, this is default, when a new step in entered it will wait for the next pulse to sound. B) Now, when a new step is entered if no steps are currently playing it starts a new pulse from the moment you enter the data, if you enter more notes while that note is playing their timing will be taken from that.
10) a) Clock Reset, Use this to sync the pulse to other devices or even your DAW. b) Odd, Start the reset from the 2nd pulse, e.g. starting 1 (odd) on pulse 2. c) When the link is enabled between Reset and Out, if Out is off (disabled) then it will be automatically turned on with a Reset.
11) Trig Mode, there are 3 trig modes. A) Bottom position, default, This acts like a sample and hold, it needs a trigger\gate to accept the CV input and another new gate to accept more data etc. B) Middle position, while the Gate is held open it will accept all CV changes. C) Top position, it will accept all CV changes. Note while in the Top or Middle position this is really for slow changing CV data, the bottom position is designed to sample fast moving data.
12) CV and Gate, Input and output jacks.
13) Out button, stops output from the OutPut jacks, note the device still runs.
14) REASON, this converts the voltage of pitch data (-3v + 7.5833) to a new range ready to sent out of an Audio output into for example another DAW like Reason that can use this data as CV note data for its instruments.
15) PoohBear, click and see :)
Build #43-45, Fixed timing issues. Build #42, Added Odd button so now the swing effectively works on 1st and 3rd pulse. Added "Link" Reset to "Out" button, so if you turn the "Out" off, reset will automatically enable it again if the "Link" is enabled. Build #41, Public Release