Lissajous lets you visualize the interactions between two signals (X and Y). Angle and length inputs lets you shape the curve to your liking. Audio rate CV out for all main parameters (X, Y, Angle and Length) allows you to use Lissajous as a mixer and / or waveshaper for both audio rate and control rate signals.
The input section on the left side of the module manages input and static offset values for the lissajous curve. Each section contains a base value (the leftmost knob), an attenuverter and an input jack.
The supported inputs are:
- X - Input for the X position of the curve. The X scaling modifies the behaviour of the knobs (see below), by default the leftmost knob acts as an offset and the attenuverter amplifies the input signal.
- Y - Input for the Y position of the curve. The Y scaling modifies the behaviour of the knobs (see below), by default the leftmost knob acts as an offset and the attenuverter amplifies the input signal.
- ANGLE - Rotates the curve. When using the audio out this works as a mixer between the two signals (or as a wave shaper if input is audio rate).
- LENGTH - Set the length (size) of the curve. When using the audio out this works as an amplifier (or as a ring modulator input in audio rate).
- COLOR - Sets the color of the curve.
- ALPHA - Decides how fast the curve fades away. With alpha 0 it fades immediately, with alpha 1 it stays forever.
- LINE - Sets the line width of the curve.
RSLTN - sets the resolution of the curve (how often the input is sampled).
BKGR - sets the background color.
TRIG input jack - Trigger one time rendering of the graph (only enabled when graph rendering is stopped).
STOP / RUN - Start or stop the graph rendering. When graph rendering is stopped you can still render ad hoc by clicking the TRIG button or by feeding a gate or trig signal into the TRIG input jack.
TRIG - Trigger one time rendering of the graph (only enabled when graph rendering is stopped)
XY Scaling Mode (OFFSET) - defines the function of the X and Y knobs. The available options are:
- OFFSET - X and Y knobs provides a static offset of -5V to +5V. The X and Y attenuverters are used to modify the signal strength between times (0x - 2x).
- BIPOLAR - X and Y knobs sets the scaling of the positive part of the signal (anything above 0V), the X and Y attenuverters set the scaling of the negative part of the signal (0x - 2x).
Overflow Mode (NONE) - sets how output values larger than +/- 5V are handled:
- NONE - not affected.
- CLIP - clip anything above 5V and below -5V.
- FOLD - fold anything above 5V and below -5V.
- SATURATE - atan saturation of values above and below +/- 5V.
Matrix (1X1) - sets the number of graphs rendered.
SAVE - save a PNG image of the graph.
X - outputs the X value after X scaling, angle and length modifiers are applied.
Y - outputs the Y value after Y scaling, angle and length modifiers are applied.
NGL - outputs the current angle (angle between the graph's origin / pole and the current point sampled from the X and Y input jacks).
LEN - outputs the current length (length between the graph's origin / pole and the current point sampled from the X and Y input jacks).
Wikipedia of course: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lissajous_curve
The oscilloscope music sub on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/oscilloscopemusic/
Osci studio (haven't tried it but looks cool): https://oscilloscopemusic.com/oscistudio.php