- Shutters is a 4-channel voltage-controlled signal polarizer based on Mutable Instruments' Blinds.
- Shutters is sold individually and as part of Malleable Instruments Bundle.
- Each channel consists of a polarizer circuit, also known as a four-quadrant multiplier.
- This circuit acts like a VCA with an adjustable response curve, except that a negative control voltage will cause the output signal to be inverted, instead of being silenced.
- Outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2, 3, or all 4 channels, to be mixed together.
- Channels input receives +5V when no patch cable is inserted.
- When no patch cable is plugged into an output, the signal from this channel is routed to the next channel.
- LEDs color corresponds to the polarity (blue = positive, red = negative), the brightness to the gain.