As similar to Oscillator RA-1, it is a relatively clean; less aliasing; audio rate oscillator. It generates square (and of course, pulse) waveforms. The waveform can be morphed with some internal parameters and the sound is varied for just a square wave oscillator.
It also has two sub-oscillators. The one is pulse waveform generator output from Sub1 jack and the other is triangle waveform generator output from Sub2 jack.
The internal two-mode glide processor is included.
Introduction Video 1 https://youtu.be/xpHrlfT7eQI
Controls and I/O
- Coarse Tune: Sets tuning of oscillator. The frequency of oscillator is calculated with sum of control voltages which includes CVs generated by tuning sliders and input signal from 1v/oct., FM1, FM2, and FM3. The range of the slider itself is 0 ~ 5v. Default value is 1v and it's similar to 16'.
- Fine Tune: Adjusts tuning of oscillator with finer value. The range is ±0.5v, or ±0.5 octave. Default position is center and it indicates ±0v.
- Pulse Width: Controls the width of waveforms. All waveforms generated by the oscillator can be affected. The range is 1% ~ 99%. Default value is 50%.
- FM1~3: Controls the volume of incoming CV signal for frequency modulation. Each input has different attenuator and if sliders are 100% position, FM1 inputs incoming signal unchanged, FM2 inputs the signal at the level of 25% and FM3 is 5%.
- PWM: Controls the volume of CV signal for pulse width modulation.
- Edge: Adds some metalic overtones to the waveform. *Sub2 (triangle sub-oscillator) has no morph and cannot be affected by these knob.
- Edge CV Input Volume: Adjusts the volume of the input signal between 0% ~ 100%.
- Soft: Morphs the waveform to skewed form. *Sub2 (triangle sub-oscillator) has no morph and cannot be affected by these knob.
- Soft CV Input Volume: Adjusts the volume of the input signal between 0% ~ 100%.
- Glide: Adjusts glide time for internal glide processor. To switch the glide processor off, simply set the glide time 0 ms (hard left).
- Square Morph on/off: If the switch is on, square oscillator is affected by Edge and Soft morph controller.
- Sub1 Morph on/off: If the switch is on, pulse wave sub-oscillator is affected by Edge and Soft morph controller. *Sub2 (triangle sub-oscillator) has no morph and cannot be affected by morph controller even the switch is on.
- HQ on/off: Changes quality of output sounds by enabling/disabling anti-aliasing processes. Some aliasing noises can be recognized at much higher pitch (around C7 or higher) even the HQ switch is on.
- Sync Mode: Sync mode can be switched by the switch at the right hand of sync input. In mode 1, the phase of oscillator is reset at the source signal is in positive voltages. In mode 2, the phase is reset when the source signal crossed 0 volt.
- Glide Mode: Internal glide processor has two modes. "Lin." means "linear" and the amount of time to reach target pitch will be varied with the distance between current and next pitch. "Con." means "constant". Regardless of the distance between current and next pitch, the amount of time to reach target pitch will be the same in constant mode.
- Sync: Resets the phase of waveforms manually by pushing the button.
- 1v/oct.: Inputs exponential pitch CV signal.
- Sync: An input for hard sync. The behavior of oscillator sync can be changed by Sync Mode switch. *See the Switches section for the detail.
- FM1~3: Inputs CV signal to modulate frequency of the oscillator. All FM inputs have exponential response and each input has different attenuator. *See the Sliders section for the detail.
- PWM: Pulse width can be modulated with the signal input the PWM input jack.
- Edge Modulation CV Input: Modulates Edge parameter of the generator.
- Soft Modulation CV Input: Modulates Soft parameter of the generator.
- Square: Main output of the module.
- Sub1: Outputs the pulse waveform generated with sub-oscillator. The frequency of sub-oscillator is half of main square generator.
- Sub2: Outputs the triangle waveform generated with sub-oscillator. The frequency of sub-oscillator is half of main square generator and is same to Sub1.
Title of Song
- SQ-1 Square - signal test 1
- SQ-1 Square - signal test 2 HQ off
- SQ-1 Square - signal test 2 HQ on